Re: migration

From: joe d <debuzna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2006 13:18:52 -0700

There are perhaps two maybe three third party vendors out there who will claim to be able to help you out here. For older Oracle versions (8 and older) some may use triggers for replication but starting with Oracle 9 they all replicate transactions by reading the Oracle redo/transaction log. The fellow who did most of the designing of these logs (and transportable tablespaces) for the last 10 years is named Alok Pareek. And he is now with GoldenGate Software working on their replication product.

Gook luck,
-joe