Re: Cursor output to CSV

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:45:32 -0400

"Helge" <hmoulding_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150052064.006706.80650_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
: Mladen Gogala wrote:
: > Maybe, if you provided us with some more details, we would be
: > able to give you some more information.
:
: OK. I have a number of Crystal Reports in my application that use
: PLSQL procedures as data sources. Each PLSQL procedure has a ref
: cursor as output, and that's used by Crystal Reports to generate a
: pretty output. These reports are generated "on demand."
:
: At the same time I need to be able to push the same information that
: is in the reports to other servers in various departments. This has to
: happen at predefined times, e.g. every day, once a week, on the last
: day of each month, etc. A database connection is not an option, which
: is why I have to write a flat file.
:
: Clearly the same procedures that generate the Crystal Reports should
: generate the data for the csv files. So what I need to be able to write
: is
: something like:
:
: create or replace procedure report1(rc out refcur_pkg.rc) is
: ...
: create or replace procedure report2(rc out refcur_pkg.rc) is
: ...
: create or replace push_reports is
: rc ref cursor;
: begin
: report1(rc);
: output_csv(rc);
: close rc;
: report2(rc);
: output_csv(rc);
: close rc;
: end;
:
: If I have to write output_csv in some other language than PLSQL, that's
:
: not a problem, but I need to know where to read up on the Oracle API
: that supports this.
:

does the output have to be csv?

does it have to have column headings?

++ mcs Received on Sun Jun 11 2006 - 21:45:32 CDT