SQL performance on index?

From: James Yang <James.YangGang_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2006 00:51:28 -0700

We found an expensive SQL on our SAP R/3 system:

  SELECT
"AUFPL" , "OBJNR" , "APLFL"

  FROM
"AFVC"

  WHERE
"MANDT" = :A0 AND "ARBID" IN ( :A1 , :A2 )#
AUFPL is key for table AFVC. ARBID is defined as an index already. OBJNR & APLFL are not defined in any index. Field MANDY & ARBID are low-cardinality, but AUFPL is high-cardinality.

If I create a new index which include all those fields (MANDT, ARBID, AUFPL, OBJNR, APLFL), will it improve the performance?

B-Tree index or bitmap index is better?

Or, any other good suggestion?

P.S. Storage is not a question for us.

TIA
James Received on Sun Jun 11 2006 - 02:51:28 CDT