Re: Have to restart apache for Oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 03:52:26 GMT

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 03:45:16 -0700, Roka wrote:

> Hi all.
> I'm using PHP to connect Oracle with OCI .
>
> But a serious problem ocurred.
> If the network error happened that I cannot connect to Oracle DB , and
>
> then I fixed the network problem, but I also cannot connect to Oracle
> DB until I restarted the Apache server.
>

> Anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot!!

This is a really old bug, which was fixed, if I'm not mistaken, in PHP 5.0.5 and PHP 4.3.8. You will have to re-link and download the CVS version of OCI8 driver from PECL. Don't use the official 1.2.1 version as it contains several very serious bugs which essentially prevent you from working with LOB columns. Alternatively, you could load Zend Core for Oracle, which also has that bug fixed and which simplifies the installation tremendously on supported platforms.

--
http://www.mgogala.com