Export consistent parameter

From: sphealey <sphealey_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 9 Jun 2006 14:15:58 -0700

Oracle 9iR2 9.2.0.7.0 on Windows 2003 SP1 Enterprise Manager 9.2.0.1.0

In the 9iR2 Enterprise Manager Export help screen, it makes the following statement about the Consistent parameter for exports:

This option generates a parameter of Consistent=N

Isn't that backwards? If I am doing an on-line export and expect that applications will be making changes while I export, shouldn't I specify Consistent=Y as long as I have enough undo space to handle the transactions during the export?

Thanks.

sPh Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 16:15:58 CDT