Re: Oracle RAC Installation

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:03:58 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:11ii82d5k3t55jnakhonubu95sk4bkq66v_at_4ax.com...
> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:15:20 -0700, "Andreas Sheriff"
> <spamcontrol_at_iion.com> wrote:
>

>>If I'm not mistaken, RAC is a separate, licensed option for EE.
>

> It isn't, at least it is not listed as such at the Oraclestore.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Ha! That's when they get you when you get audited! :-D

Look under "Oracle Enterprise Edition Options":

      Oracle Enterprise Edition Options
      These options for Oracle Database Enterprise Edition extend the power
of the Oracle database in secure data management, transaction processing and data warehousing.

     . Real Application Clusters . Partitioning

     . OLAP . Data Mining

     . Spatial . Advanced Security

     . Label Security

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup