Re: Setting v$session.program for dbms_job process?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2006 07:39:11 -0700

grz01_at_spray.se wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, Mladen,
>
> Using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO in seems I can set the v$session fields
> Action, Module, and Client-info.
>
> However, I could not find a function there to set v$session.program,
> which is what I would really like to do.
>
> Anyone knows how to do this?
>
> TIA,

Sure...rename the executable (this works, BTW). Seriously, as Mladen suggested, just use dbms_application_info to populate the module and action...

SQL> exec dbms_application_info.set_module('My module','INSERTING...');

SQL> select module,action from v$session where sid = (select distinct sid from v
$mystat);

MODULE

ACTION

My module
INSERTING... SQL> Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 09:39:11 CDT