Re: Connect time one more Architecture Problem

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 13:33:24 -0700

peter wrote:
> Respected DBAs,
>
> Thank for Your response.
> Actually that was the question ask in my interview, I told them that we
> could check listener.log and it might also be possible that there were
> already so many clients were connected to oracle database so listener
> had lot of load. They said OK but then they asked what if there was
> something wrong with architecture here and dba should check
> architecture. But what and how, that was their question.........
> architecture problem means any problem in processes...........
> but what should a dba can do if there is any problem with processes
> like if any process is not working properly. Is there any manual for

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Maybe they were looking for mts/shared server or connection manager. But I wouldn't know about that since most of my experience with mts has been throwing it out because it is explicitly not a performance-oriented architecture.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Mark Twain a nazi?