Re: Oracle RAC Installation

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:15:20 -0700

"Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> wrote in message news:1149775173.394375.45640_at_f6g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> Rank Bishop wrote:
>> Has anyone ever done an install of Real Application Clusters on Windows
>> 2000? I'd like to know what software I need (is Oracle Enterprise
>> Edition enough?). and how to install it. What are the differents
>> bettwen Oracle RAC and Oracle Fail Save ?. Do I need Oracle Fail Safe
>> if I have a Oracle RAC installation ?.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> You might want to check out the Oracle installation Guides for Windows.
> RAC is included in the EE edition CD.
>
> (10g Titles, titles may vary for each release version)
> Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows
> Companion CD Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows
> Release Notes for Microsoft Windows
>
> All these are available online if you do not have them.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

If I'm not mistaken, RAC is a separate, licensed option for EE.

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup