Re: Oracle 8 - Renaming Coulmns

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:54:36 +0200

On 8 Jun 2006 10:54:34 -0700, "amerar_at_iwc.net" <amerar_at_iwc.net> wrote:

>HI All,
>
>I once say an article to rename coluns in Oracle 8. It used some X$
>dictionary tables. Can't see to find that anywhere.......
>
>Also, we are now running Orcle .9.2.0.7. Can we change the order of
>the columns using the same data disctionary approach??
>
>Thanks!

Apart from the observations Brian made, why you don't create views on top of those tables with the 'correct' order? The only other solution would be of course the export import route, with the corrected tables precreated.
Fooling around with any internal table invalidates your support contract!!

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA