Re: ORA-01109 database not open.

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 09:59:23 -0700

ktlee3 wrote:
> my bad, it is win 2k Advanced Server.
>
> EdStevens wrote:
> > ktlee3 wrote:
> > > hi i am a newbie for oracle 9i, i was trying to create a db and
> > > tablespace, and something happen when i was doing a compile, so i
> > > dropped all the tablespace and users cascade. i think at the same time
> > > delete the datafile as well.
> > >
> > > now when i try to recreate DB it gave me error like ORA-01109 database
> > > not open.
> > >
> > > and when i start up at oracle it gave me media needs recovery and
> > > ORA-1110 error.
> > >
> > > anyone knows how i can remove everything and redo everything? how can i
> > > remove the whole database, if necessary...
> > >
> > > thanks
> >
> > What operating system?

Please don't top-post.

To rip this db out by the roots, you need to stop the Windows service, delete all of the related data files,and use oradim to delete the windows service.

Which begs the question ... why did you think you needed to drop a user and a tablespace just because 'something' happened during a compile? Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 11:59:23 CDT