[Forms / Applicationserver] TOOL_ENV.GETVAR does not return any value

From: Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:51:51 +0200

Hi There,

I'd like to read any systemvariables from Windows 2003 Server from Oracle Forms.

I have one machine with the Oracle-Forms-Developer und the OC4J-Container runnung (my computer) and the following code works fine:

,----
| -- HTTP-Server DocRoot
| TOOL_ENV.GETVAR('MY_HTTP_DOCROOT', v_htdocroot);
| message('DocRoot: '||v_htdocroot);

`----

MY_HTTP_DOCROOT is a windows environment variable (set in the Systemsettings, not Registry!).

Fine until here.

Now the Problem:

If I run that Forms-Application on an real Applicationserver (not the Forms-Developer), that does not work.

OOL_ENV.GETVAR('MY_HTTP_DOCROOT', v_htdocroot) doas not retrieve anything. v_htdocroot is empty after that call. :-(

Of course the environment is set (I called the windows funktion "set" to be sure).

Is there a way out?

Heino Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 10:51:51 CDT