force clean database shutdown

From: maxim2k <maxim2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:16:32 +0200

Hi,

I'm running Oracle Database 10g R2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.

I've configured the server to use the dbstart/dbshut scripts, provided by Oracle, to automatically startup/shutdown the database at when starting/shutting down the server.

I've noticed that the dbshut script will sometime take forever to bring down the db when shutting down the server, it will just hang there ...

It looks like the database is waiting for its clients to close their connections, before going down, or something like that.

How can I force a clean shutdown for the database when the server needs to be rebooted (e.g. for a kernel update)?

I have no control over the db clients, I have full control on the server.

Thanks. Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 10:16:32 CDT