Re: Stored Procedure and Package

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 07:15:44 -0700

Maxim Demenko wrote:
> rik schrieb:
> > I SQL Server I create Stored Procedure with
> >
> > SELECT...
> > SELECT...
> > UPDATE...
> >
> > ecc....
> >
> > In Oracle I must to create package??
>
> You must not
>

> > and: how Can I create a SP with a group of select/update in a package??
> >
> > Somebody Can post me an example of an oracle SP?
> >
> > Thanks ofr help me!
>
> It is already posted.
> http://tahiti.oracle.com
>
> Best regards
>
> Maxim

Rik, see the PL/SQL manual. It has examples in it. As Maxim pointed out you can have multiple SQL statements in a single database stored procedure or function. Packages are a way of collecting and organizing closely realted strored procedures and functions into one piece of code.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 09:15:44 CDT