Re: Oracle RAC Installation

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 06:59:33 -0700

Rank Bishop wrote:
> Has anyone ever done an install of Real Application Clusters on Windows
> 2000? I'd like to know what software I need (is Oracle Enterprise
> Edition enough?). and how to install it. What are the differents
> bettwen Oracle RAC and Oracle Fail Save ?. Do I need Oracle Fail Safe
> if I have a Oracle RAC installation ?.
>
> Thanks.

You might want to check out the Oracle installation Guides for Windows.  RAC is included in the EE edition CD.

(10g Titles, titles may vary for each release version) Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows Companion CD Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows Release Notes for Microsoft Windows

All these are available online if you do not have them.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 08:59:33 CDT