Re: Script error

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 05:27:05 -0700

rik wrote:
> Hi, during the execution of 2 script I obtain an error:
>

> CREATE ROLE "CG" IDENTIFIED BY "CRG";
>
> GRANT CREATE TABLE TO "CRG";
>
> The following error has occurred:
>
> ORA-01937: name or role missed
>

> and this...
>
> CREATE USER 'AAAAAA' IDENTIFIED BY 'CC'
> DEFAULT TABLESPACE TBL
> TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
> QUOTA 10M ON TBL;
>

> The following error has occurred:
>
> ORA-01935: name or role missed
>

> Thanks

OS? Oracle version?

In the first case, You created a role called 'CG' but you tried to grant a privilege to a role or user called 'CRG' .. which is what you used for the password for the role CG. You probably don't have a user or role called CRG ....

In the second case, I don't think you're showing us an exact session transcript. Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 07:27:05 CDT