Re: Script error

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:15:07 +0200

rik schrieb:
> Hi, during the execution of 2 script I obtain an error:
>

> CREATE ROLE "CG" IDENTIFIED BY "CRG";
>
> GRANT CREATE TABLE TO "CRG";
You try to grant a privilege to password, not to role

> The following error has occurred:
>
> ORA-01937: name or role missed
>

> and this...
>
> CREATE USER 'AAAAAA' IDENTIFIED BY 'CC'
> DEFAULT TABLESPACE TBL
> TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
> QUOTA 10M ON TBL;

You should leave single quotes out or replace them by double quotes And , if your example is literally reproduced, that are bad practice for user name and for password ( refer to Pete Finnigan webpage)

> The following error has occurred:
>
> ORA-01935: name or role missed
>

> Thanks

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 07:15:07 CDT