Re: optimizer_features_enable parameter & query plan

From: News <Contact_404_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 04:10:57 -0700

Brian Peasland a écrit :

> Sounds like a job for plan stability. Set your the
> OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE to 8.1.7 in just your session, create the
> stored outline, and then set the param back. Oracle will use the stored
> outline whenever it gets this query and use the faster execution plan.

it didn't help ! when I set parameter again to 10.2.0 the optimizer detects change in setting and constructs new fake plan

Information in oracle docs about Using Plan Stability to Preserve Execution Plans, query hints, profile plans and so on .. is bullshit. Oracle ignores all that and does what it thinks is best

I hope it was just system stats gathering problem Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 06:10:57 CDT