Re: AIX reboot with CRS ???

From: <erikw_nl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 01:27:33 -0700

pawelw schreef:

> >can crsd
> >initiate a reboot ?.
>
> Hello
>
> If crsd terminates abnormally It'll shutdown the system for safety reasons.
> (That is common strategy with most cluster solutions, not only with the
> oracle crs).
>

> Pawel W.

Thank you for the information. The Oracle DBA (which i am not) told me however that only cssd will shutdown the system. We see sometimes that the system dumps due to actions of cssd. The fact that crs can initiate a reboot is new for us. Unfortunately Oracle RAC does not inform the AIX system admin what it is doing with the system, so we constantly have to guess what is happening, since there is no informatiion of Oracle in any AIX logfile or the errorlog. Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 03:27:33 CDT