Re: Query occasionally returning empty results in 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:22:34 +0200

On 8 Jun 2006 00:39:23 -0700, "BoukeB" <bbruinsma_at_ortec.nl> wrote:

>Are there any experiences with this phenomenon? Can anyone comment on
>our presumption that the problem is caused by sort area size or the
>optimizer settings? The fact that the problem disappears when we add a
>blank might suggest the optimizer as the cause. We would be thankful
>for any help or suggestions.

1 No
2 As far as I am concerned your presumption is a case of superstition. More likely: you have implicit datatype conversion, or you have a scoping problem (as you seem to be running the query for pl/sql), but as you fail to disclose the problem, but only disclose your analysis, who can tell.
3 The obvious suggestion would be to upgrade to 9.2.0.7 at least.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA