Re: what is IO controller

From: <unix.guru1_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 22:55:42 -0700

I know what is IO controller is , but i was interested in what it is meant exactly in Oracle Wireless 10G . it seem to me that it some logical parameter

AQ (Advanced Queuing) operations result in high number of insertions and deletions

from the database. Hence, I/O values on the database will be high and will need

careful tuning. Based on the volume of operations, you may want to increase the

number of I/O controllers on the machine.

In the test environment, the following observations have been verified.

¦ With the 3 I/O controller, a throughput of 40 messages per second with 7 sending

threads was achieved.

¦ With the 12 I/O controller, a throughput of 100 messages per second with 9