Re: Bizarre index creation - something wrong?

From: Paulie <plinehan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 10:18:04 -0700

> >Why issue two commands in the first place - why not just
> >create the primary key on the two fields and not bother
> >with the unique index?

> Don't remember whether this already pertained to 7.3.4
> The version is of course Jurassic,

I know this - you know it. How does it advance anybody?

> and 'No, we cannot change that'
> hardly credible. I would consider changing jobs asap.

Believe it or not, a multi-million pound entreprise with a number of *_huge_* clients isn't going to roll over because I'm unhappy with the version of Oracle that they use. It's bascially a bit bucket, but one for which they get large consultancy fees.

It is possible that client sites are running 10g, but here I suppose they don't want to buy more licences (one thing they do actually do around here!).

Paul...