Limit of 1050 columns for ANSI joins

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 05:06:33 -0700

What the heck is this bunk?

Please reference:

http://www.halfcooked.com/mt/archives/000936.html

There's a metalink bug "4369235 - ANSI joins may fail with ORA-1445" that states that this was fixed in the 10.2.0.2 patchset and that the workaround is to "Transform the ansi join queries manually", but I have experienced it in:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ...
Oracle 10.2.0.2
CENTOS 4
4 gig memory
64 bit Xeon

Yeah, yeah, so I have 1095 columns (For online surveys, those data points really add up, and this is a small survey...), that doesn't mean I should be limited, should I?
Can anyone find a reference in the Oracle documentation that states 1050 as a column limit for ANSI joins? I see a 1000 column limit for tables, but it doesn't say anything about views or ANSI joins.

"Stop hasseling me, man!"

Anyone have a *better* (less recoding) workaround other than to "Transform the ansi join queries manually"?

--

Andreas Sheriff
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?"
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL Reply only to the group.