ORA 9.2 WinXP User

From: Lanying and Manfred <manfis_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:40:41 +0200

Hi folks,

I've create a new WinXP user, let me say peter password pan. After login peter, I'd like to start sqlplus. No reaction: Command sqlplus error in writing or command not found (excuse the bad translation!) peter is member of the winxp group 'users' , path variable is set: c:\oracle\ora92\bin.

The Oracle Software works fine when WinXp login is a administrator who has installed the Oracle software. I don't like to have peter in the group of ORA_DBA. I've another Oracle 10g WinXP software running on another computer, after creating a user susi passwd wong, the user susi is allowed to start a sqlplus session. Funny!!!

What went wrong?

Lanying and Manfred Received on Wed Jun 07 2006 - 04:40:41 CDT