Connect to a physical standby database

From: <babar.noor_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 00:34:16 -0700

Hi,

I am using Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1) on WindowsXP. I created the primary database and using Dataguard, I created a physical standby database on a different machine. The configuration is working good and no problems.

Next i tried to verify the switchover operation using the dataguard manager GUI.
During the switchover process an error occured (Exception Cobra something). After this my management server service is not starting and when I try to connect to the primary database the error Ora-0103: Oracle Initialization or shutdown in progress pops up. I restarted the machine and tried everything but I am not able to connect to my original primary database. Can anyone guide me to the right path.

I think during the switchover process, dataguard changed my primary database to standby database configuration and now I am stuck with two standby databases. I tried many things and every time I got errors. One notable error that I got while I was reconfiguring the managment server is "Control file is for standby".

This is the second time this thing is happening to me. In the first situation I deinstalled the whole product and reinstalled and reconfigured it.

Can anyone please tell me how to startup or shudown the database without connecting through the sqlplus window?

Can anyone tell me how to revert my primary database from the standby roll?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regard.

Babar Received on Wed Jun 07 2006 - 02:34:16 CDT