Re: OCFS2 on Oracle Application Server to share Data

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 05:09:20 GMT

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:47:13 +0200, Christian Gauler wrote:

> Hi NG,
>
> I have a question about OCFS2 and perhaps somebody with a oracle-server can
> answer the question, I didn't find any other newsgroups...
> I want to use OCFS2 to share a volume between 2 server with all the
> advantage of a cluster file system. Now I don't find any information about
> the "disksystem" I must use. Can I use one ISCSI volume and mount it on both
> server or must I use a local file area from one server or anything else?
>
> Chris

You can use OCFS2 with iSCSI, but OCFS2 is primarily meant for physically shared file systems, like FireWire or multi-hosted SCSI3 adapters. It contains all the structures and drivers needed to physically synchronize writes which are truly coming from two different paths to the device, which is not the case with iSCSI or NAS devices, which both support RAC architectures.

--
http://www.mgogala.com