Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

From: <jbmorla_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2006 09:57:53 -0700

mehaboob_at_gmail.com wrote:
> SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Tue Jun 6 14:07:42 2006
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>

> gazzag wrote:
> > mehab..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying the command on unix system as below,
> > >
> > > 1)logged into the unix system as root
> > > 2)su - oracle
> > > 3)sqlplus /nolog
> > > CONN logon AS SYSDBA
> > > Enter password: # pressed Enter
> > > ERROR:
> > > ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
> > >
> > > Previously I remember connecting using the above procedure but now it
> > > asks
> > > for password.I am not sure about the passowrd, I tried sysdba and
> > > manager (uppercase as
> > > well as lowercase)
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Mehaboob
> >
> > Try:
> >
> > connect / as sysdba;

Hi Mehab,

You say that you succeeded connecting previously. Maybe someone changed the password in between. Or your system has been hacked if it's connected to the net. Is it really bad, like a production database? If yes, do you have a full export file?
1) Maybe you can try recreating the database and import from the exported data.
Maybe you can connect as the owners of the schemas and export them all, then goto 1)
Same thing happenned to me, but I always go belt and braces. :-) Please keep posting if you find a solution

Regards

Jean-Benoit MORLA Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 11:57:53 CDT