Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:16:57 +0200

On 6 Jun 2006 09:02:09 -0700, mehaboob_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Thanks for the reply.
>
>Sorry I did not get what you are saying.
>First of all: please do not top post ???
>
>No , the oracle account is not a member of dba group.?
>
>Mehaboob

Top post is replying *above* the text you are responding to, which means
- either you assume humans read from bottom to top - or (more likely) you are too lazy to hit CTRL-end to get past the original text or use your mouse to obtain the same effect.

If oracle is not a member of the dba group and oracle has been correctly installed, that is the reason why you are getting the insufficient privileges error. Make sure oracle is a member of the dba group by using os tools.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA