Re: 10g win amd64 does not install

From: takesiro <takesiro_at_coral.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:13:32 +0900

Hi!
Did you use Virtual Machine?
And you want to install RAC?

If you install RAC to Virtual Machine, you have to set up cache setting in VM.
For example.
I used VMware.

  1. Find VMware setting. E:\VMware\Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition\<MachineNo>\winNetEnterprise.vmx
  2. Change parameter disk.locking="false" diskLib.dataCacheMaxSize=0 diskLib.dataCacheMaxReadAheadSize=0 diskLib.dataCacheMinReadAheadSize=0 diskLib.dataCachePageSize=4096 diskLib.maxUnsyncedWrites=0

Please ask to you VMware support.
Take care of those parameters, because of hind paramters.

Regards.