service name / invalid directory path

From: <diego.carpintero_at_eu.dendrite.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2006 03:13:24 -0700

This question is for Oracle 8i.

It is possible to assign permissions to a Service Name??

Well, I am facing a "Invalid directory path" problem.

The steps I did on the >>server<< are:

  1. I wrote a procedure that uses the utl_file package
  2. I set the parameter UTL_FILE_DIR = <directory name>
  3. I restarted the database

The error I am getting on the >>client<< is: "ORA-29280: invalid directory path"

I have the feeling it could be a problem with the Service Name I am using.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 05:13:24 CDT