Re: A transactionally consistent view on real-time data with MicroStrategy

From: <erik.ykema_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2006 02:50:34 -0700

Jonathan Lewis schreef:
> I'm not sure that you want to use the function/variable
> like this. It means that you have to end each Microstrategy
> session after each report, otherwise every report for a
> session will run from the same SCN - i.e. the first one
> you set.

I will of course call p_scn.set_scn in every report in a pre-sql statement, thanks.

As an example, I found just by accident that Informix has extended the ANSI SQL, and indeed has a serializable mode that is _session effective_ and not for the transaction only (set isolation to repeatable read). I would still prefer session serialization if it were available.
Regards,
Erik Ykema Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 04:50:34 CDT