SQL 2005 Reporting Services querying an Oracle DB

From: <djclothier_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2006 04:38:25 -0700

Hi.

I'm not a DBA by any stretch, but will try and explain as best i can here:

I'm writing some reports in SQL 2005 Reporting Services - hitting an Oracle DB. It's quite a simple report, but I'm running into the "ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number" error. For the report Parameters I've defined startDate and endDate, and for the Dataset parameters I have defined the same.

But for the query below I still get the error. any ideas?

WHERE to_date(LOG_TRANSACTION_DAILY_VIEW.LOG_DATE,'MM/DD/YYYY') BETWEEN to_date('" & Parameters!startDate.Value & "','MM/DD/YYYY') AND to_date('" & Parameters!endDate.Value & "','MM/DD/YYYY') ORDER BY LOG_TRANSACTION_DAILY_VIEW.LOG_DATE DESC;" Thanks in advance,
David Received on Mon Jun 05 2006 - 06:38:25 CDT