Should I be using CLOB fields?

From: harry <a_at_abc.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:05:49 GMT

Using Oracle 9i

I have a table that has 10 CLOB fields each supposed to hold HTML code - I'm getting all sorts of problems trying to insert the HTML code in these fields, the latest being "Non supported SQL92 token at position: 13687: " which I assume is down to Oracle getting confused with some of the HTML markup tags?

My questions are

    Should I be using CLOB fields?

    How best to load each column with the HTML code? - can I use just Insert/Update statements or should I be using a package?

many thanks in advance

harry Received on Mon Jun 05 2006 - 05:05:49 CDT