Re: RAC does not failover to public network when private network fails

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:21:32 -0700

shaper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for the reply.
> But the reboot is not the desired behavior. I thought Oracle CRS should
> failover automatically to the public network when the private
> interconnect fails.

You thought wrong. The three networks are wholly independent.

> How can we configure this?

You can't and you shouldn't. The behaviour you are getting is what you should want. The 20 minute delay is your issue.

> Would it be possible to configure an additional private interconnect
> within the public network that Oracle CRS can use?
 >
> Another solution would be to add an additional EtherChannel for the
> private interconnect, there is one NIC left over.
>
> Regards
> Sven

Have you looked into NIC bonding? That is the direction I would recommend.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington