Re: RAC does not failover to public network when private network fails

From: Jining Han <jining.han_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2006 15:11:13 -0700

shaper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for the reply.
> But the reboot is not the desired behavior. I thought Oracle CRS should
> failover automatically to the public network when the private
> interconnect fails.
> How can we configure this?
> Would it be possible to configure an additional private interconnect
> within the public network that Oracle CRS can use?
> Another solution would be to add an additional EtherChannel for the
> private interconnect, there is one NIC left over.
>
> Regards
> Sven

Since 10g, server rebooting is the designed behavior during a split-brain.

As far as best practices go, private and public interfaces should never be the same, therefore private interconnect should not failover to the public network. I don't think there's an Oracle mechanism for private interconnect failover.

Having two NICs and a virtual name for the private interconnect is probably the best way to go.

JH Received on Sun Jun 04 2006 - 17:11:13 CDT