Peter Chen's ER Diagramming - outdated for db design?

From: <dananrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2006 09:31:16 -0700

I've read that *some people* (not me - don't shoot the questioner...) consider Chen's ER Diagramming method to be out of date. If that's the case, how specifically are ER diagrams outdated? And what are the allegedly better methods of diagramming for database design - and why are they better?

Chen's ERDs seem to have done the job nicely for decades. Can anyone give a compelling reason or two for switching to something else?

Dana Received on Sat Jun 03 2006 - 11:31:16 CDT