Sqlnet client trace is not being generated despite setting required parameters

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 18:26:17 -0700

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.5. I have installed Oracle client on Windows 2000 server. The Oracle database instance is on a HP UNIX server running 11i.

I have set following parameters in sqlnet,ora under %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin folder:

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File:
#C:\oracle\ora92\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=16
TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT=C:\oracle\ora92\network\trace
TRACE_FILE_CLIENT = Client.trc

WALLET_LOCATION =
  (SOURCE =
    (METHOD = FILE)
    (METHOD_DATA =
      (DIRECTORY=C:\oracle\ora92\wallets)     )
  )
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (BEQ,TCP,TCPS) NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)

SSL_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE
SSL_VERSION = 3.0
SSL_SERVER_DN_MATCH = YES

When do sqlplus scott/tiger_at_abcd

I get error, a sqlnet.log file is created but I do not see any trace files in
C:\oracle\ora92\network\trace

Sqlnet.log says tracing is not turned on.

I have no clue why tracing is not on despite my setting these parameters. I do not believe anything has to be set in Windows registry. Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 20:26:17 CDT