Re: Data changing when exporting and importing a table

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 06:05:02 -0700

Papa Piquillo wrote:
> Hello Group:
> Im using Oracle 9206 under hp-ux pa-risc 11.11
> I have done the following:
> exp user/pass_at_sid1 file=punica.dmp tables=tmp_paga_unica
> imp user/pass_at_sid2 file=punica.dmp fromuser=user touser=user
> No warnings, no errors. Same NLS character set.
>
> The table tmp_paga_unica is like:
> Name Null? Type
> ----------------------------------------- --------
> ----------------------------
> COD_PERSONA NUMBER(8)
> DI_VALOR NUMBER
> SQL> select count(*)
> 2 from tmp_paga_unica;
>
> COUNT(*)
> ----------
> 329
> (not very big :)
>
> And after importing the value of di_valor for some values of
> cod_persona changes.
> (sid1)
> select *
> from tmp_paga_unica
> where cod_persona = 964
> COD_PERSONA DI_VALOR
> ----------- ----------
> 964 373.8
>
> (sid2)
> SQL> r
> 1 select *
> 2 from tmp_paga_unica
> 3* where cod_persona = 964
>
> COD_PERSONA DI_VALOR
> 964 123.55
>

> I have reproduced the issue on oracle 8.1.7.4
> Has anybody seen anything like this??
> Thanks.

I have never seen this. The only thing I can think of is if the table already exists in sid2, and there is a trigger on it that manipulates the value of :new.di_valor. However, since your command line does not include an ignore=y parameter, the table would be newly created in sid2.

You may want to put a 10046 trace on any sessions that use imp as the program in v$session, perhaps via a logon trigger in sid2. You could then see exactly what it was doing on the insert during import.

Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 08:05:02 CDT