Re: Estimating size of rman backup

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 14:32:29 -0700

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> gazzag wrote:
> > Vincent Ventrone wrote:
> >> Yet we have been running dozens of 8i & 9i databases using Network Appliance
> >> boxes for storage & NFS mounts for the file systems for the database files
> >> for almost 5 years now -- no problems yet...
> >
> > No problems yet != Oracle supports it
> >
> > -g
> >

> I *think* that you will find that nfs mounts are supported for backup
> locations (and IIRC arch destinations) but not for datafiles etc.

Oracle supports it != No problems. See Note:356199.1 for example.

arch destinations? Somehow that makes me think of serial intensive writes to a device of uncertain performance for a process that will stop the db dead if it stalls... to each his own, I guess.

jg

--
@home.com is bogous.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060530/news_1n30wreath.html