Under what circumstances should one use a non-equijoin?

From: <dananrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 14:11:57 -0700

It is good or bad practice to perform non-equijoins - e.g. to do table joins where there is no formal foreign key to relate two tables.

Under what circumstances is it necessary or desirable to perform non-equijoins? Can someone give a few examples?

If I have to perform a non-equijoins, does this mean I'm using a poorly designed RDBMS? Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 16:11:57 CDT