Re: Shutdown abort and then I Lost Redo log files

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 04:28:16 -0700

peter wrote:
> Hello DBAs,
>
> My database is in Archivelog and I have user manage backup. Now I lost
> my redo log files and my database is also shutdown abort.
> Now when try to open database I cannot do that........
> when I try to do "Recover database until cancel" I find "Recover
> success but need more recovery to be consistent datafile
> "c:\oracle.....\system01.dbf" error.
> after that I cann't do "Alter database open resetlogs". Please help me
> to recover my database from this stage.....................
>
> Thank You

As you lost the online redolog, you need to perform *in*complete recovery, as opposed to complete recovery. Incomplete recovery means
recover database until cancel using backup controlfile.

Surely you did rehearse recovery and/or read the backup and recovery manual prior to putting the database in production? Or alternatively, do you plan to never read any document, and to fully rely on this forum?
You are only asking questions for which the answer can be found by searching on http://tahiti.oracle.com in less than a minute!!!

Please stop being lazy and expecting we will pamper you and help you out always!

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA