Re: Oracle 9i rac with AIX Hacmp

From: Dax <daxesh2113_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 May 2006 23:59:33 -0700

Anand Rao wrote:
> Ah, that sounds good.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> cheers
> anand
>
> Dax wrote:
> > ORA600 wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Dax,
> > >
> > > I don't have any scripts that i can send you. unfortunately, i don't
> > > have a cluster at this moment to check anything. you really do need
> > > Metalink access is what i feel.
> > >
> > > the problem could be a simple permissions issue on the shared disks or
> > > the srvm_config device or it could be that you are missing some OS
> > > patch (APAR).
> > >
> > > are you using RAW volumes or GPFS?
> > >
> > > are you following some documentation to install? you have to create and
> > > set the dba groups and permissions correctly, i suppose you are doing
> > > all this correctly.
> > >
> > > when you start installation of Oracle, it will prompt you to run the
> > > "pre check" script. That has to be downloaded from Metalink. One of
> > > them is installPrep.sh and the other one that is mandatory is
> > > "rootpre.sh" which the OUI prompts you to do anyway.
> > >
> > > the nearest bug i could find is Bug: 2752048 and that is apparently a
> > > vendor issue (IBM) and moreover, this was HACMP version 4.5. you say
> > > you are using HACMP 5.2.
> > >
> > > Metalink also says you may need to set the env variable,
> > >
> > > export LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x50000000
> > >
> > > But, this may not be applicable to HACMP 5.2 or AIX 5.3. Check with IBM
> > > if this is required.
> > >
> > > Hope that might give you some clues.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > > anand
> >

> > Anand,
> >
> > Now cheers i resolve this problem thru LDR env. variable which u give
> > me.
> >
> > It also work with 5.2 HACMP
> >
> > Thanks once again
> >
> > Dax

Anand,

Now we install Oracle 9i rac and applied patch set 9.2.0.6. Then after we try to create cluster db thru dbca. But we getting error while creating db.

ORA-00200
ORA-00202
ORA-27041

Oracle not able to acces my conc. LV i have set owner ship to oracle:dba and chmod to go+rw. but still it will not able to access the same.

Dax Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 01:59:33 CDT