Re: Oracle Server Quick Reference Guide

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 31 May 2006 13:36:17 -0700

Mark C. Stock wrote:
> "joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message
> : So, how does one figure out who to sue? Blogspot is just a common
> : carrier under US rules, I think.
> :
> : The downside of anonymity - someone is getting money for hits by
> : stealing other peoples property.
> : Looks like they violate section 6.b of http://www.blogger.com/terms.g
> :
> : jg
> : --
> : @home.com is bogus.
> : http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=60&topic=17
> :
>
> technically, no violation :-(
>
> -- that clause only states that the host is not responsible for
> "infringement of third party intellectual property"
>
> ++ mcs

You are right. I should have said section 4(e) of blogspot terms of service (as opposed to blogger, on the same page): MEMBER CONDUCT You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Pyra, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Service... You agree to not use the Service to: ... (e) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;...

So how do we get blogspot to blow him off? I know I've complained...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
12 (e) IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR THEN YOUR EYES PROBABLY HURT. ALL