Re: REPOST: Configuring 10gR1 em agent in VCS cluster

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:13:35 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> Chuck wrote:

>> I posted this about a week ago but did not get an answer so I'm asking
>> again. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> I have a two node Veritas cluster. Each node of the cluster has two
>> resource groups. A resource group consists of one EM agent monitoring
>> two listeners, and two databases (each database has it's own listener on
>> it's own unique port #). Under this configuration, since a resource
>> group, and therefor an EM agent, can be running on either node of the
>> cluster, doesn't each EM agent need to be configured with it's own port
>> # that's unique across the entire cluster?
>>
>> I've searched Metalink for a week now and can't find any mention of
>> clusters in 10gR1, and even the 10gR2 info I find only deals with RAC.
>> This is not RAC.
>>
>> TIA
>
> As it isn't RAC you should probably address your question directly to
> Veritas as it is not an Oracle issue.

But it does involve Oracle as it's an EM agent configuration in question. And it was suggested here that Oracle *does* have docs on this though not even OTS has been able to produce them.

Just as a follow up I eventually opened a TAR on this and was told that all four agents could use port 1830 simultaneously even if they all reside on the same server as long as they are using different virtual host addresses. I haven't tested it yet but I am very skeptical. If that would work, then why can't I do the same with multiple listeners on port 1521? Trying to run 2 listeners on the same port #, on the same physical host, even though they are listening on separate virtual host names, has not worked in the past. Received on Wed May 31 2006 - 10:13:35 CDT