Re: Problems with OUI......anyone ever see this?

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 31 May 2006 06:54:21 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> > Well, I think it may have something to do with the fact that one we
> > tried at 10g install, then we removed it and went back to 9i. I might
> > have to go to Oracle Support for this one.......
>
> Check to see that the 10g install didn't leave anything hanging around.
> It may be worth checking for the presence of a /var/oracle or
> /var/opt/oracle directory and renaming them. Then retry the install.
>
> HTH
>
> -g

FOUND IT.........there is a line in the response file there is a line which points to the products.xml file. Dumb thing had an extra period.

Problem is, now that I fixed that, the next error on the line is:

Error:Values for the following variables could not be obtained from the command line or response file(s):
  ORACLE_HOME(OracleHome),
  ORACLE_HOME_NAME(OracleHomeName)
Silent install cannot continue.

And those values ARE in the response file.........

The quest continues! Received on Wed May 31 2006 - 08:54:21 CDT