Re: Interview Index problem

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 05:46:22 +0100

"joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message news:1149026936.249459.69310_at_38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> So you are _all_ wrong, it's NO INDEX! (Sorry Jonathan :-)

No need to apologize - after all, I said "might use", not "would use".

> If the answer is scored on a scale that adds points based on how close
> to Jonathan's answer the interviewee comes, that might be ok. I have
> my doubts it would be used that way - I can even visualize situations
> where the interviewer shuts down and thinks the interviewee is BS'ing,
> as such things have happened to me.

Sad, but true - especially if the interviewer is depending on a script to do their interviewing.

On the other hand, the default Scott install doesn't have an index on SAL - so perhaps this interviewer (or interview-script writer) is aware of the impact of the relationship between data content, data distribution, and query predicates.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#lewis