Re: Job never start based on schedule

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 16:12:48 -0700

Resant wrote:

>Sorry, I'am still newbie in Oracle, so could you explain more detail
>about how to show parameter job_queue_processes and where should I
>issue the alter system set job_queue_processes scope=memory|spfile|both
.
>Or maybe if you don't mind, could you give some link that should I
>look.

What the others are not saying (because it is, indeed, very basic) is you need to be accessing the database as a superuser (which we prefer to call someone with sysdba privilege). Since you mentioned a Service and 9201, sounds like you are on windows. Open a command window and type:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

This should get you into the sqlplus command line, where you can enter the commands. If it gives an error, see if you have an Oracle Environment selector under your start--> programs--> Oracle Installation menu, or create a .bat file to set up environment variables named ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID.

There are other ways to do this, of course, including the OEM if you are using that (Database-->your database --> your instance --> view and edit parameters --> all initialization parameters).

All the docs are at tahiti.oracle.com (free registration required), and otn.oracle.com has some learning materials. You should become familiar with the docs, especially the concepts manual, sql manual and reference manual. Also see http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm for some other resources. You probably don't want to use official support as a learning tool for the basics.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Waitdon'tpushthebigredbutto... http://web.mit.edu/zacka/www/midas.html