Re: Primary platform and order of release

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:56:23 +0200

On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:14:31 -0400, Evan <eehrenh_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>I need to know which platform is used for Oracle's development and what
>is the order of patch releases?

Why do you need to know that? What is your business need

>I have heard that the development platform is Linux (Red Hat). Is that
>true? If so, where is it documented?

It happens to change with about every release. There have been announcements in the press they were switching back to Solaris. And no,it is not documented.
It also doesn't matter as since 8.0 Oracle is built on top of their own Virtual Operating System (refer to James Morle Scaling Oracle 8i for this)

>What is the order of release of version patches (major dot releases like
>10.1 to 10.2)?

There is no specific order, although the Unixes are bound to be first and Microsux last.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA