Re: Problems with OUI......anyone ever see this?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:22:14 +0200

amerar_at_iwc.net schreef:
> Hi All,
>
> We are trying to upgrade our 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5L to 9.2.0.7. We want to
> run the installer in non-interactive mode. We receive this error
> message:
>
> Error:*** Alert: Invalid staging area. There are no top level
> components for IBM SP AIX available for installation in this staging
> area. ***
>
> Anyone ever see that? One thing that stands out is that about 4 months
> ago we did a 10g trial install, then removed it. Could something be
> left over that is causing this??
>
> Thanks in advance.

You'll have to install the newer version of the installer (thought the 9205 patch had it... For Windows, it does...) - your can't do that non-interactively. The patch installer comes with two options: - install patchset
- install OUI

Pick the second, *close/quit* the installation, and restart (the new version of) OUI.
Then run your standard upgrade.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel