Wannabe RAC Engineer

From: wannabe DBA <nasser.ali_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 06:54:16 -0700

Hi,

I have 10 years of Oracle Experience mainly Apps, Technical, Functional, PM, Support Roles. Now want to change direction and want to become a DBA. I have a pretty good understanding of what DBA work is. Its theoretical mostly. I have 8 months experience doing Oracle 10g AS work (mostly support which means simply stopping and starting Apache, WebCache etc)!

Specifically i am interested in doing Oracle RAC on any platform (altho i do have a preference for Solaris!!) . I have configured 3 racs ( 1 linux and 2 on Solaris). I have just completed the Sun Cluster 3.1 Course (with Oracle 10g). Now id like to consolidate my learning with Hands-On Experience. Does anyone know of any opportunities where i can consolidate my experiences and then begin to build experience. I'll even do work for free for a short time (3 weeks max) as long as im getting RAC experience.

I dont mind where the location is as long as it is in England or Wales...im averse to scotland cos of the weather, and haggis!

regards Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 08:54:16 CDT